Focus of subgroup
Gather, analyze and report data on the development of the APN role worldwide.
In line with the International Council of Nurses Nursing Research Position Statement, the Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Network Research Subgroup embraces the ICN Position that:
Research–based practice is a hallmark of professional nursing. Nursing research, both qualitative and quantitative, is critical for quality, cost effective care. (Nursing Research ICN).
The aims of the NP/APN Subgroup are to:
- Support Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in practice and policy related research;
- Facilitate the provision of resources, tools and advice to NPs/APNs seeking to undertake research in their practice settings
In order to support and facilitate research by NPs/ APNs the Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Network will provide via the subgroup website:
- Access to up to date research resources and tools
- Research reports from national and international NP/ANP studies and conferences
- Interactive support tools including ASK A RESEARCHER and a Research Chat Room
- Information about funding sources for potential NP/APN projects
- Provide guidance and support to NP/APN faculty to incorporate active research into the NP/APN curriculum