Subgroup Membership Guidelines
Subgroup Membership Guidelines and Responsibilities
Criteria for Membership in Subgroups:
- 1 Meet criteria for membership for NP/APNN Groups.
- 2 Demonstrated experience/expertise in specific Subgroup’s work.
- 3 Serve a term of four years.
- 4 Demonstrated contributions and involvement with NP/APNN or local professional organization/agency.
- 5 Only two members from each country are eligible to serve in the Subgroup at any one time.
Membership of Subgroups:
- 1 Chair
- 2 Members at Large (5-9)
Responsibilities of Subgroup Members:
- 1 Establish communication links with each member of the Subgroup.
- 2 Determine each member’s expertise and contributions they bring to the Subgroup.
- 3 Lead the Subgroup to develop the action plan, time line on an annual basis.
- 4 Delegate tasks of action plan to members contingent on voluntary response, expertise and leadership abilities.
- 5 Determine a communication schedule with members for progress reporting.
- 6 Collate reports and develop drafts of work submitted by members in conjunction with the membership of the Subgroup.
- 7 Send progress reports to Liaison Representative for input and comment.
- 8 Send final draft of work to Liaison Representative and Core Steering Group for feedback.
- 9 Submit a written report to liaison and chair CSG as requested.
- 10 Review the contributions and activities of the Subgroup members on an annual basis.
- 11 Initiate process to fill vacancies at the Network conference and when vacancies exist.
- 12 Initiate rotation of membership every two years according to the process outlined in the Operational Guidelines and following the Rotation Summary provided yearly in September.
- 13 Submit an annual report to the liaison and Chair of the Core Steering Group on request.
Members at Large
- 1 Select a Chairperson for a biennale term (this may be extended if position not filled).
- 2 Work with the Chair to develop an action plan with an achievable time line.
- 3 Work toward meeting the goals of the action plan as designated by consensus or assignment of the Chair.
- 4 Report regularly to Chair on the progress of the assignment/project.